HEY HOBY! It is that time of the year!
The 2015 JStaff Application is now open! It is due by January 9th, 2015 at 11pmET. You can access the application here.
However, before you start the application we want to draw your attention to a few things.
First, the application needs to be completed in one sitting. You cannot save it and come back to it later. Once you start you need to finish or all the data will be lost.
Second, below is a list of questions that you will need to spend some time thinking about and drafting. You should write your answers out before you start the application. Each answer needs to be less than 2000 characters in length.
Third, if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Christopher Bylone, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please describe your involvement in the Alumni Association. If you are an Alumni from another state, describe your involvement with the Alumni Association of your State/Area.
- Please explain your HOBY involvement outside of the Alumni Association. This includes volunteering at previous seminars, WLCs, ALAs, spreading the HOBY word, volunteering at out of state or in state HOBY events. Basically anything you have done in relation to HOBY that does not have anything to do with the Alumni Association.
- How are you involved in your community outside of HOBY? (i.e. School/College Clubs, Civic Orgs, Church Groups, and any other way you are involved.)
- Please describe the reasons you want to volunteer as a JStaff Member.
- The Seminar Theme is “Bloom Where You Are Planted.” Please describe what this statement means to you.
- What have you done since HOBY that you know you wouldn’t have done prior to HOBY?
- What value will you add to the CT HOBY Seminar by being on Staff?
- What will be missing from the CT HOBY Seminar if you are not selected to be a JStaff Member?
- Pick a service project you did and explain how it made a difference to you and to your community.
- Come up with a thought provoking essay question that could be answered by HOBY ambassadors.